Wowzers – I am shattered tonight…I but wanted to keep our action plan momentum going, so it’s just a short and sweet blog post for you tonight!
The next element focuses upon starting your plan…and keeping it moving. Here are the questions that you need to ask yourself and answer honestly:
- When will you start your plan?
- What are the obstacles – what is stopping you from starting…and what can you do about this?
- How will you monitor progress?
- How will you celebrate success?
- In what circumstances is your chimp (irrational thoughts!) likely to hijack and how can you plan for this?
- How do you usually respond to setback…both rationally and irrationally?
- What do you tell yourself after a setback…both immediately and after some thought and consideration?
- What can you tell yourself when you find yourself wanting to give up?
Really take some time to think about these questions. As I said last night, I often write down what first comes to mind but then revisit my responses. I know that my mood when considering my answers has an impact – if I am in a good mood then I might be tempted to gloss over my struggles as if they won’t be of concern…but if I think about them when I am in a not so good mood – well, my response might be totally different!
Give this some real thought. 2015 has barely begun…it could be your year to make some real changes – whether they link to weight, to health, to career goals, to life changes – this type of questioning and action planning activity has a knock-on effect. A heck of a lot of my coaching clients have noticed changes in so many areas of their life – not just the weight…which is where they think the problem lies!
Anyway – I really am tired and have a date with a cage fighter (Silent Witness…David Caves is lush – far too many syns for me though!) – so I am heading for an early night in bed watching iPlayer!
Thank you for reading,
Weight Loss Bitch xxx